- My Redeemer Lives
- A sermon from Tom Chantry on 5/20/2012
- Job's Four Remarkable Assertions in the Midst of Trial
- Job 19:1-29
In the midst of soul-crushing trial, Job through faith was able to make four astonishing assertions:
- He would be redeemed by the Living God.
- God would one day stand upon the earth.
- Job would be resurrected after death.
- He would stand in the presence of God and see Him.
This is how Job was able in an earlier chapter, "Though He slay me, yet I will hope in Him." His desire was that these words of truth would be inscribed permanently that men might know them. Because Job's words are in Scripture, that promise has been kept, and we may benefit from the same certainty in God.